Farm Funding Terms and Condition
Acknowledgement: www.farmeasy.com.ng is owned and run by Farmeasy Nigeria.
This agreement outlines the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) between you (a
“Sponsor”, “you”) and Farmeasy Nigeria (“Farmeasy”, the “Company”, “we”, or
“us”) under which you agree to sponsor farm plots (livestock or crop) through our
website (the “Platform”).
o The Company solely allows you to sponsor a farm on the Platform. We advise you to consider whether sponsoring a farm through the Platform meets your required risk levels and objectives. By using the Platform, you confirm that you have the necessary experience and knowledge to understand the risks involved.
o You confirm your agreement to these Terms either by registering as a sponsor on our website.
Legal and Regulatory Information
Farmeasy Nigeria limited is duly registered with CAC with Registration number RC 1637210 as FARM-WITH-EAZE NIGERIA LIMITED, with its address at Plot 41, Abu King Shuluwa Way, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria
o Farmeasy Nigeria Limited is an agri-technology company providing innovative and digital solutions for its users to sponsor farmlands, as well as for other agricultural services.
o You will be expected to pay, at the beginning of a farming cycle, costs related to the lease of land for farming, seedling/livestock, fertilizers, maintenance costs, and the cost of supervision and administration. All costs are included in your sponsorship contribution
o The Sponsor will receive periodic updates on the status of the farm by email. The updates are also available on your profile dashboard on the Platform. You are expected to review all notifications, updates and reports from Farmeasy as they represent a record of information pertaining to your sponsorship contribution during a farming cycle
o You agree that by sponsoring a farm, your contribution is tied and unavailable for the entire duration of the farming cycle and Farmeasy will not refund your contribution until the successful completion of a farming cycle
o Any profits from a successful farming cycle of a Sponsor’s farm are remitted to the bank account details provided by you on the Platform (or when otherwise stated) when the produce is harvested and sold (i.e. upon completion of the farming cycle)
o At the end of a successful farming cycle, you can decide whether to withdraw your funds or to sponsor a farm for a new farming cycle
o At the end of a farming cycle, any profits made during harvest will be shared between the Sponsor, the farmer and Farmeasy based on a pre-determined model unique to that farm cycle. This is as pre-stated on the funded farm informations.
o You are entitled to request for a physical visit to your sponsored farm, however, you must provide us with at least 10 days’ notice to schedule a visit.
Access and Use
o Secure access to the Platform is provided by way of your username and password. These log-in credentials are unique to you and are the primary method of securely identifying you when delivering our Services to you. It is therefore extremely important that you keep your username and password secure at all times.
o If you suspect that your secure access to the Platform has been compromised in any way, it is your responsibility to contact us.
o You confirm that you will only use our Platform for the purposes set out in these Terms.
o You confirm that you will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the secure areas of the Website or Platform and furthermore you will not attempt to use code or software to manipulate or automate functions available on the Website.
o Access to the Platform may be restricted at the discretion of the Company, particularly during periods of maintenance and updating.
o We have the right not to act on your instructions including where we deem that your instruction was not sufficiently clear, or we could not verify your identity to our satisfaction, or the instruction was not made by you, or we believe that the instruction may be related to an illegal activity.
Sponsor Representation and Warranties
Representations and warranties are statements and promises made by you to the Company, which we rely on as being accurate in our dealings with you.
You make the following representations and warranties to us at the time of agreeing to these Terms and every time you use the Platform or Services;
- you are over the age of 18 years;
- you are of sound mind and have the capacity to enter into these Terms and be matched to a farm;
- all personal information that you provide about yourself is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge;
- you hold a bank account in Nigeria in your own name and will use this account to transfer money to our account when you sponsor a farm and to receive refunds of contributions made and profits earned;
- you have carefully considered the risks involved with using the Platform, the Services;
- you will only ever sponsor with your own money unless you are authorised on behalf of a third party (“Third Party”) and we agree that you may act on behalf of that Third Party.
- you are not using any illegal funds or attempting to launder by sponsoring a farm
- if you are registering or accepting these Terms on behalf of a legal entity such as a company, trust or partnership, you are legally authorised to do so and we may request evidence of such legal entitlement (by way of a copy of any document which shows the valid and subsisting authorisation); and
- you are not breaching any laws or regulations that are applicable to you or any company, trust or partnership upon whose instructions you are acting.
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Farmeasy Nigeria Limited.
o Where we discover that the Platform is being used to launder money or for any suspicious transactions, we have an obligation to report your activities to the relevant authorities without recourse to you.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Foreign Exchange Risk
o Where a Sponsor contributes in a currency other than the Naira, foreign exchange gain or loss and fluctuations in currency rates may have an impact on the profit made on such contribution by the Sponsor.
o All profits on contribution shall be converted and returned in Naira based on the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) official exchange rate. The Sponsor therefore enters into any transactions in currencies other than the Naira at their sole risk and shall bear all responsibilities for any gains or loss as a result.
o Unexpected changes in currency exchange market conditions may have an impact on the extent of profit the Sponsor would be exposed to such as when there is an upward or downward movement in the relevant rates.
o The Sponsor understands and is able to assume the risk of loss associated and agrees to be liable for any resulting deficit this might have on contributions made or profits earned.
Term and Termination
o Except as otherwise terminated in accordance with the provisions below, these Terms shall commence on the date you register to sponsor a farm with the Company and shall remain valid and binding for as long as you have outstanding sponsored farming cycles.
o These Terms may be superseded by any amended Terms.
o These Terms may be terminated by you provided that you have no outstanding sponsored farming cycle. Notice of termination must be provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
o These Terms may be terminated by the Company at any time.
This Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement, which cannot be settled, by mutual agreement/negotiation within 30 days shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator at the Lagos Court of Arbitration (“LCA”) and governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A10, Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The arbitrator shall be appointed by the Parties, where Parties are unable to agree on the choice of an arbitrator, the choice of arbitration shall be referred to the LCA.
The findings of the arbitrator and subsequent award shall be binding on the Parties and may be enforced through a Nigerian court of law. Each Party shall bear its cost in connection with the Arbitration.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred as a result of:
- your fraudulent or illegal use of the Platform, the Services or the Website;
- your negligence or any default by you of any of these Terms or the terms of any Loan Agreement to which you are matched;
- any inaccurate or incomplete information that you have knowingly provided to us;
- your allowing any other person to access your account either with your permission or as a result of your failure to keep your username and password private;
- any service that you have offered, whether with or without our permission, to another third party using our Platform, Services or Website;
- any claim made against you for actual or alleged infringement of the Company’s Intellectual Property Rights or any actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or in connection with the Services or your use of the Platform
This Agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Parties submit to Arbitration and waive any objections based upon venue.
o If you have any question regarding this Agreement, or comments about the Site or its contents should be directed to email@example.com